For almost 46 years the North Eastern Tribune has been the voice of the community. No-one else delivers news and advertising messages to 24 760 doorsteps in the Johannesburg north east area every Tuesday.
Independent research shows
**SOURCE ROOTS 2013
- **32% of decision-makers living in the Johannesburg north east area read the North Eastern Tribune versus only 14% reading The Daily Sun and 16% The Sunday Times. There are 40 522 purchasing decision-makers in the area.
- ** North East JHB is a racially mixed community with 38%white, 56% black and 5% Indian decision-makers.
- It’s a predominantly English-speaking community (52%) however the incidence of English as a home language has declined from 63% in 2007. Zulu and other black languages have increased from a combined 13% in 2010 with Zulu at 19% and Sesotho at 11%.
- In terms of communication, the northern suburbs have high levels of Internet usage (65%. North East JHB decision-makers are slightly more likely than the ROOTS average to have a cellphone (93% versus 88%)
- North East JHB decision-makers are more likely than the ROOTS average to have started a new job (9%versus 3%) and less likely to try to have done home renovation (2% versus 5%).
- The amount of credit card holders in JHB North East has increased from 26 % in 2010 to 35% in 2013 and the % of decision makers who have car insurance has increased from 29% to 54%.
To cater for these demanding readers, the North Eastern Tribune has a success formula of local community news. The newspaper pulls the community together by reporting on every newsworthy activity and event that happens within its distribution area. Its duty as a 'village noticeboard' is to inform and educate the local community.
The North Eastern Tribune has various sections as well – Autodealer and Property Week.
- The motoring supplement, called Autodealer, is an editorially-based supplement of exceptionally high standard. Relevant motoring news attracts regular readers who follow launches, reviews and other industry news every week. AutoDealer also includes new and pre-owned dealer advertising, making it easy for readers to find the ideal car to suit their pockets.
- The property section is called Property Week and showcases various local properties on sale or for rent.
The North Eastern Tribune also offers its readers a choice of loose pamphlets from various retailers, giving them enormous choice in their shopping decisions by showcasing the week’s specials and bargains.
The North Eastern Tribune is the very best advertising medium to use if you want to reach this wealthy community in the northern suburbs. At a cost per 1000 copies of R 783.40 (based on a full page, black and white advert) it is extremely cost effective to penetrate the Johannesburg north east market due to us reaching every front door in Johannesburg north east.
Call us now for a free consultation on 011 293 6168 on how we can assist you with your advertising needs.