The Yeoville police closed down an illegal shebeen, handed out five citations and seven non-compliance notices in a Buya Mthetho operation on 1 November.
The spokesperson for the Yeoville police Captain Sifiso Mabizela said the operation was a joint operation by the Metro police, police, and the City of Johannesburg.
He added that the shebeen that was closed down was also fined R1 500 while five citations were issued to other shebeens.
Mabizela said a number of hotels and restaurants in the area received non-compliance notices from the Johannesburg Emergency Services including:
- Sky One kitchen on the corner of Raymond and Regent streets
- Yeoville Hotel on Regent Street
- Dearena lounge and restaurant on Hunter Street
- Estirode African Food on Hunter Street
- Pretty Khabonina Beda on Kenmere Road
- Simunye games and entertainment on Becker Street
- Harbec mini market on Becker Street.
The police also confiscated about 300 bottles of alcohol from these businesses.
Yeoville Police Station commander Colonel Phetole Mahasha said he was happy with the results.
Details: Yeoville Police Station 011 487 5900.
Share your thoughts on this success by posting on the North Eastern Tribune Facebook page.